Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tips on Tuesday


Today's tip isn't that ground breaking, but I think it maybe something people don't think about a lot.
Buy One Get One Free Items - Yes I know we all like BOGOs, but my tip is when you don't need both items split it the cost with someone and split the items.
Example - This past weekend Toys R Us had a sale on movies BOGO Free. Well, I have been wanting to see the Princes and the Frog and my mother wanted a copy of the same movie for at her house for my nephew and soon to be born niece to watch. Well, I had been looking for a really good deal on it and hadn't come across one that was good for both of us. But this Toys R Us sale worked out great.

Two Movies for $19.99 plus I had a $5.00 off coupon made the movies $14.99. Then my mom and I split the cost making them $7.50 plus tax each. You really can't beat that price for Disney DVD. Plus I'll end up doing the mail in rebates so in the end we will each pay $2.50 for the movie.
So next time you see a Buy One Get One Free or Buy One Get One Half Off and you don't need the second one think about someone you could use the other item and split the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment