Friday, January 22, 2010

Food For Thought Friday

Since we are trying to clean out our pantry, I have made things that I normally don't make.

First up: This easy dish I hear advertised on Rotel Tomato commercial so I thought we would try it. And I had all the ingredients were in the pantry. All this recipe contains is pasta, small block of Velveeta cheese, chicken, & two cans of Rotel Tomatoes. We both really liked it, and I would definitely make it again.

Turkey Joe:
Okay, I was hungry for Sloppy Joe's. Well, I did not have any hamburger meat, but we did have some turkey meat patties. I decided to use these turkey patties to make Sloppy Joe's. I fried up the meat and used a mixture of ketchup and brown sugar to make the sauce. I would like to say that I enjoyed it, but I didn't. I did eat the leftover meat for a lunch one day, and it was much better than I thought the first time. Accounting Dude loved it and requested it again. I think I must have really really wanted Sloppy Joe's with hamburger meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment